The first benchmark for my Marlburians was to be 9 infantry battalions, 5 cavalry regiments and 3 guns per side. I finally made it there, and here are my last few regiments:
The Wild Geese Dillon Regiment
The Swiss Von May Regiment
The St Genie Hussars.
Alongside a Bavarian and French artillery piece, this rounds out the Franco-Bavarian forces.
The Prussian Alt-Dohna Regiment
The Danish Prins Georg Regiment
The Prussian Wartensleben Regiment
Which, alongside a Prussian gun and a second Dutch gun, concludes phase one for the Grand Alliance.
I still have 3 battalions of infantry and a regiment of cavalry to paint for both sides. The French will be the Toulouse, Berry and Royal Italien regiments, alongside the Cosse Chevaux-legers. The Maritime Powers will be the Behnheim Dutch regiment, Kronprinz Prussians and Sjaellanske Danish with Sjaelland also providing the last regiment of Allied horse. The unpainted figures can be seen in their tray below, alongside the dismounted dragoons and general figures:
I’ve also got to paint the dismounted Dopff Dragoons, and some Frankenberg militia. Getting all of this finished is not an immediate priority, but something to be completed over time. I now need to concentrate on finishing off a couple of other projects – I still have a few WWI Germans to paint, and some Flames of War Germans too. There’s a couple of Rhulic Hammerfall mercs that need colour, and I’m finishing off John’s Imperial Romans FoG army for him. Then, hopefully Dan and I will move into English Civil War. It was going to be American Civil War, but with the release of FoG Renaissance in September and all of the pretty models sitting there waiting for paint, I’d be keen to delve into this era first.
Finally, here is a picture of the Prince-Archbishop of Frankenberg Ludwig VIII:
The Prince walks, sword in hand, whist his trusty herald carries the flag of the small ecclesiastical principality – a wurst crossing a key to heaven. Pink, black and gold are the colours chosen by Luddie himself.