Here are the first tanks for the 1973 project – some Egyptian T62s and ZSU-23s:
The four T62s complete so far with a close up of one of them. I used a Tamiya Dark Yellow spray for the base, then added Magic Dip to them. Once dry I painted on the green using Vallejo Russian Green and added buff to it for a drybrushed highlight. I used a Resene’s interior house paint that I like to use for drybrushing desert terrain to add dust.
I haven’t painted on any markings yet, as i’m not sure exactly what they should look like. No problem, though, just a little Google research to do!
The models themselves are Quality Castings from Old glory 15s. They were basic to put together, which I like and have a nice level of detail. I’ll be painting the first platoon of Egyptian Infantry next.