IR3 Duke Karl Lothringen

The first regiment of Seven Years War figures. They are Old Glory 15s, and have plenty of personality. A Prussian regiment is also painted but I have to complete their bases. Pictures soon.

I’m going to use the Minden Rose rules which are now available as a free PDF. I’ve had a good read of them and they seem like they will give a nice slightly Old School feel while still using manageable sized units.


Edit: Minden Rose can be found free to download from here.


Quick Catch Up

It has been an age since I last posted here, mostly due to it being exam and reporting time, so what little spare time I’ve had I have devoted to painting. There have been a few changes and some new projects, first and foremost in the Star Wars field.

A couple of weeks ago I went out to John’s for Irregulars night and took the Star Wars figures complete with all of the Warhammer 40,000 2nd edition modifications. I was quite tired but I also felt that the expanded numbers of figures had resulted in a really bogged down game.  Now I am quite often a bit drained on games night and like to play games with nice simple rules that are intuitive. One reason that Flames of War and Black Powder have been such a hit I guess. So I started writing my own simple Star Wars rules. Then I realised that I was writing the Lord of the Rings/Legends of the Old West rules out.  So I stopped writing rules and started writing stats. I will publish them on here when they are complete.

Some pictures from the game:

In other news, new projects include:

15mm Seven Years War. Yep, I swapped my US FoW army for 2 unpainted armies of Prussians and Austrians.

Dux Bellorum Arthurian in 15mm. I’ve put in my order to Splintered Light minis and my pre-order at Book Depository. Really looking forward to this.

That’s all I have time for now, but I’ll post again very soon. We have another games night this Friday, so I should be able to put up a battle report for Flames of War.


Latest pics

Just a quick post of a couple of projects – firstly an element of Seven Years War French.


Well, they are almost finished. I still need to paint the cuff buttons onto the figure in the front left.

And as Dan and I are quite excited about DBA, I finished a built-up area base to put my houses on:


The next post will have my first finished element of plastic Perry French, including the updated piping on my first figure that was missing.